Thursday, August 31, 2023

Cold Calling Mistakes

 Last time I called a prospect and start selling immediately, but I didn't inform my name and my company name. So this prospect told me introduce myself first before start selling.


Lack of product knowledge. Client asked me a question and I give them a wrong figure. You don't have the confidence to talk if don't know your product very well.

Try to close the sales to fast.

The first question I asked on my second call is “Do you want to proceed”. He just told me that he is still considering and hung up the phone. I couldn't even have a chit chat with him. It is important to have cordial conversation with your prospect. So, that they will pick your phone next time you call. I will be calling him back after one week.

You get the chill feeling in your heart after stop calling for a while. I stop for one month and after that my cold calling tactic just got freeze. I need to warm myself back. Then only back on track.

Called the client at the wrong time. He was in a meeting and he got irritated. I should ask him whether he is free or not.

It is not easy to catch your prospect, they could busy and you need to try call them few time 3-5 times then only most probably you get your opportunity to talk with your prospect.

Frequently contact your prospect to keep the progress on their side, most probably they might be interested with your product only that they still need their boss approval.

I lost my sales, when I didn't contact my prospect for 2 month and they bought the same product from another salesman. His luck and effort.

Out of 50 prospect that I have call only 4 bought the solution. So it depends on numbers of leads you are working on plus your destiny, luck or karma.

For one prospect, first I call him and told him that I will send my proposal and after one week I will call.

So, after one week, I called him and asked him whether he went through the proposal.

He still has not went through the proposal. So, told him I will call back within a week. After a week the GM still has not go through the details. Then only my mind start working and I start selling to him the key benefits of the product and how we can improve his business.

Finally, he accepted the proposal.

Actually for the first call you just describe briefly about your products and on the second call afterwards you could start selling to your prospect immediately. Even if they didn't go through your emails or brochures.

Last time, I always contact lower management staff to sell my product and hope that they will convince that upper management people to buy the solution.

So, you can expect my failure rate to be very high.

Nowadays, I will try to talk to the GM and middle management people to close the sales. Much more faster, whether they want the solution or not. Much faster and less headache.

That is all I can think of my mistakes. If I have done any other mistakes, I will update you here.

Good Day !

No comments:

Post a Comment